The GR-2 incorporates Hikari’s patented guide tip blade design that allows a stylist to cut with extreme precision. A very pointy guide tip enables the stylist to scoop and cut the hair very close to the skin and around the ears. However, the patented guide tip has a smooth inside edge which prevents the stylist from cutting the client or themselves. With a longer bottom blade, the Guide’s patented tip leads the scissor blade for continuous cutting on a section of hair, giving the stylist awesome precision cutting results! Other shears that have very little metal at the tips (very thin tips) can dull quickly and lack power at the tips. The slender and lightweight design makes it perfect for detail work.
- Hikari Precision Convex Edge
- Hikari’s proprietary blend of molybdenum, cobalt, and vanadium alloys (Hikari steel level 3)
- patented Guide tip (one blade longer than the other)
- slight dual anatomic grip (smaller angles than the regular full anatomic grip, see picture above)
- concave outside edge and small 13 degree bend in the handles provide precise and comfortable palm to palm cutting
- cutaway thumb hole
- 2 rylon glides in the pivot area provide super smooth cutting action and less wear
- 2 removable finger rests allow you to flip the scissor for various techniques
- coin adjustable tension screw
- blade length (tip to pivot) = 2 7/16″
- overall length (tip to end of longest handle) = 5 11/16″
Note: The GR2 is mainly to be used for precision and detailed cutting. It does not have as much power as the other Hikari models for blunt cutting. Please contact us for more information.