Roto EPS (Offset, Crane with wide area sculptured rotating handle and EPS): The Roto EPS is the 1st rotational ergonomic positioning system! Featuring Hikari’s Exclusive Ergonomic Positioning System and a patent pending EPS Rotator that rotates 70 degrees at the handle shank. This allows you to position your fingers and hand at the exact angle for ultimate comfort. You no longer have to worry about moving your hand, wrist or elbow into an awkward position because you will have the freedom of movement without changing your grip or position. The unique design of the “Roto EPS” will also prevent you from applying Horizontal Thumb Pressure (HTP), and will prevent and alleviate repetitive motion and carpal tunnel syndrome. Roto EPS also features a patented EPS Stabilizer that provides added support, comfort and stability.
Important Note: The Roto EPS is NOT a swivel thumb scissor and it was NOT designed to replace a swivel thumb scissor. Please call us with any questions you may have in regards to the proper use of the Roto EPS.
- International Patented EPS Stabilizer
- Patent Pending EPS Rotator – Rotating Handle
- Hikari Precision Convex Edge
- Hikari’s proprietary blend of molybdenum, cobalt, and vanadium alloys (Hikari steel level 3)
- offset, crane handle
- extra wide, angled, sculptured handle
- Hikari five finger ergonomic positioning system
- cutaway, anatomic thumb hole
- funnel shaped finger holes wrap comfortably around your fingers
- 1 rylon glide in the pivot area provides super smooth cutting action and less wear
- inset sculptured permanent finger rest allows your pinky to rest in a natural position
- coin adjustable tension screw
- blade length (tip to pivot) = 2.5″
- overall length (tip to end of longest handle) = 6.0″ **Due to the longer more ergonomic handle, the blade on the Roto EPS, and all scissor models featuring EPS, will run slightly shorter than other models with the same overall length. The overall length of the R60 is 6.0″, however, this scissor will feel similar to a 5.5″ scissor. If you are currently using a 5.5″ scissor, we would recommend the R60. Please feel free to call or email us if you have any questions.**