Warranty Information, Return, and Exchange Policy
Thank you for your interest in Hikari scissors. If you are not entirely satisfied with your purchase, we’re here to help.
- All Hikari shears are covered by a one-year, $10.00 warranty. If anything happens to your shears during the first year, or if they just need a tune-up, send them in to HKR/Hikari Scissor Factory at the address below. When shipping your scissors in for service, we do recommend that you insure the package. Please include your contact information, a copy of your receipt, and payment for $10.00 to cover return shipping and insurance. Please note that we are no longer accepting checks. If you prefer we can email you an invoice and you can pay securely online, simply provide your email address. Hikari technicians will make your scissors like new again and ship them back to you. If you are having your scissors sent back to your home address, please note that there may be a signature required upon delivery (you may need to pick up your package at the carrier’s location if an attempt to deliver has been made). Please note that having your Hikari scissors sharpened by anyone other than Hikari Scissor Factory will most likely result in damage to your scissor and unsatisfactory performance. For more information on corrective work, please click here.
- We stand behind our products 100% and we are always here to help you. We want every customer to be completely satisfied and enjoy owning the best scissors in the world. Because we do not sell used scissors, we are unable to take back used scissors. However, your satisfaction is our goal and we will make sure your Hikari scissor meets your expectations. If you would prefer to try the scissors before you purchase, please call us and we can see if there is an authorized Hikari distributor in your area.
- If the scissor has not been used, please call us right away. You have 10 calendar days from the date you receive the scissor to return it. Your scissor must be in unused condition with the original packaging. You must call us to receive a Return Authorization number prior to sending your scissors in.
- Once we receive your scissor, we will inspect it and notify you that the scissor has been received. Once the scissor passes inspection, we will initiate a refund to your credit card (or original method of payment). Once a refund has been processed on our end, it is up to the credit issuer to credit your account. The amount of time that it takes to see this credit on your account is dependent on the card issuer and Hikari has no control over that process.
- Our exchange policy is the same as our return policy. Once we receive your scissor, we will inspect it. Upon inspection, we will call you to discuss the details of your exchange.
- You will be responsible for paying the shipping costs for returning your scissor. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of the return shipping will be deducted from your refund. If you are exchanging a scissor, you will also be responsible for shipping the new scissor to you.
- If you have any questions, or if there is anything that we can help you with, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-445-2747 (US only) or 310-516-0350 (Worldwide)