The Phoenix Cosmos features our exclusive five finger ergonomic positioning system. The special angles and wider surface area of the handle make the Phoenix Cosmos an extremely comfortable and stress free scissor. The larger, heavier and wider handles also give the Phoenix Cosmos more power to cut through coarse hair. Extra wide triangular pivot with rylon glides provide ultra smooth balance and consistent cutting performance from pivot to the tips. This, combined with patented SEV ionization compounds injected into the proprietary dry cut metal result in a super smooth and effortless cut on wet and dry hair. A special contoured ring behind the thumb hole (ATP) provides more leverage and power when cutting through thick sections of hair.
- Hikari Precision Convex Edge
- Hikari’s proprietary blend of molybdenum, cobalt, and vanadium alloys (Hikari steel level 5)
- SEV: A special ionizing compound that is injected into the Phoenix molybdenum cobalt steel.
- offset crane handle
- Hikari five finger ergonomic positioning system
- 2 rylon glides and extra wide pivot provide super smooth and powerful cutting action with less wear
- Alternate thumb position (ATP) for more leverage when cutting through thick sections of hair
- tang (permanent finger rest)
- coin adjustable tension screw
- blade length (tip to pivot) = 1 7/8″
- overall length (tip to end of longest handle) = 5 5/8″ **Due to the longer more ergonomic handle, the blade on the Phoenix Cosmos, and all scissor models featuring EPS, will run slightly shorter than other models with the same overall length. The overall length of the P55 is 5.5″, however, this scissor will feel similar to a 5.0″ scissor. If you are currently using a 5.0″ scissor, we would recommend the P55. Please feel free to call or email us if you have any questions.**